In a city happily inundated with summertime cultural offerings, the SummerStage festival stands alone for its dizzying array of options, its local enthusiasm, and its general aura of awe.
SummerStage is the largest FREE performing arts festival in New York City. We believe that by presenting artists and genres that reflect the diverse cultures and communities in neighborhood parks across the five boroughs, we help to build new audiences and foster a broader interest in the arts.
To celebrate our 30th season, we have extended the season from May to October, and added more than 20 free shows in Central Park and 14 neighborhood parks across the city, showcasing nearly 200 unique artists. From the iconic to the avant-garde, from opera to hip-hop, film to circus–and everything in between–this is what makes SummerStage a truly only-in New York City festival.
WHAT TO KNOW WHEN ATTENDING SUMMERSTAGE
- Shows are RAIN OR SHINE & only cancelled in the event of dangerous lightning.
- Schedule of events & performers subject to change.
- Admission is first come first served for free events. Admission to the venue closes for the remainder of the event once capacity is reached.
- The following cannot be brought into the Central Park venue: glass bottles, cans, coolers, folding chairs, bikes, rollerblades, skateboards, beach umbrellas, video cameras, selfie sticks, professional camera gear or pets.
- We aren’t responsible for prohibited items left outside the venue.
- Bags subject to search.
- Alcoholic beverages are forbidden in NYC Parks & the distribution/sale of unauthorized materials is banned. Beer & wine are on sale at the Central Park venue for onsite consumption only.
- Smoking is prohibited in all NYC parks.
- At dance shows in Central Park, first-come, first-served limited seating will be offered.
- SummerStage is accessible to the mobility-impaired. For additional information please call (212) 360-2789 and ask to speak with our Volunteer Coordinator.
- To obtain the Parks Telecommunications Device for the Deaf (TDD), please call (800) 281-5722.
- SummerStage takes place at Rumsey Playfield, enter Central Park on 69th and 5th Ave. Click here for directions.